The Daniel Fundgrube was first mentioned as an independent mine around 1500. At the end of the 19th century, it was consolidated with the neighbouring pits into the Schneeberger Kobaltfeld (cobalt mining concession). As a result of remarkable cobalt mining concessions in the middle of the 17th century, it developed into one of the most important mines in the Schneeberg mining district and delivered more than a third of the local cobalt ores extracted.
Of the surface buildings ensemble of the Daniel Fundgrube, the administration and assembly building with block sheds and the mine forge in the vicinity of the shaft have been preserved. Of the inside of the mine’s administration building the assembly room, the iron stove, the taproom, the open-hearth kitchen, the miners’ rest room, the mining tool shed and the overseer’s accommodation have been preserved. In connection with the exploitation and extraction of uranium ores by the SAG Wismut (Soviet stock company) mining in the Daniel Fundgrube was restarted after 1947. The large waste heap in the vicinity of the shaft has been preserved. The striking uniform heap to the west of the surface buildings covers an area of 160 m x 75 m with a height of about 12 m. There are also small, older heaps east of the surface complex.